Friday, July 1, 2011

whew! Summer came....

Well Summer decided to show up, and it's here with vengeance.  Yesterday I think it hit 102 and it was ridiculously humid.  We were in Omaha, so I could take some pictures.  I got to photograph 2 babies (I've never done that in the same day, unless they were twins), when I take pictures of babies I have to heat up the studio/house....so yesterday we opened the windows to warm up my mom & dads "kitchen studio" and then I joked that I was the only person in town using a space heater. 

I haven't done many babies since Grace was born and these 2 were awesome.  The first was the daughter of my little sisters best friend, she was kind of like my second little pesky sibling when we were growing up. It was so fun to get to meet her beautiful little girl and to spend some time with them both.  In the afternoon I got my hands on little Oliver...he's so cute and I'm so glad to have him in the family.  Both babies had heads full of dark hair and both were so well behaved...it was a photographers dream.  I don't usually share pics of other peoples kids, but these 2 are pretty special to me, so here are a couple.....Oliver is on the left and Finley is on the right...
Maggie decided to stay in Omaha with Grandma & Grandpa, she was excited to get to go to the fireworks on Friday and then be in Norfolk for the fireworks on Saturday.  I hope she actually likes them, she's not always crazy about loud noises, unless of course she is the one making them!

While we were in Omaha wed/thur we had the special treat of seeing all the Westerfield great-grandkids...I'm looking forward to Monday when we have them all together at the same time...it's so fun that everyone will have someone their age to grow up with.  I hope we can all coordinate this well with our future children :)


Hey, what are you doing here?

Grandpa will give us ice cream anytime!!!

"Mom, Oliver has a bugger. I'll get it."

The 12 weeks between Grace and Oliver makes a big difference, they grow so fast!


I should get back to work, I have lots of adorable baby pictures to get through. Here are a couple more of Maggie....



Maggie LOVES to help my dad wind the grandfather clock, she wears the same white gloves
my great-grandma always wore when she did it.  I remember them fitting grandma better :)
 
Maggie and Grandpa were headed out to go swimming, but I guess the floor
needed a quick swiffering first.


Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment