Thursday, July 28, 2011

everybody has a bad day, right?

I have to be the first to admit that I didn't wake up with my A+ Mommy game today. I feel like I usually handle the craziness of both girls and even the stress of being alone with them pretty well. We just kind of role with it and it usually goes ok.

This morning Grace was really crabby, which is VERY uncharacteristic of her. She didn't want to eat or sleep and she didn't seem very comfortable. She's so happy and such a great baby all the time, that I just thought if I went about our day as usual she would snap out of it and become her normal self. I'm probably more worried about her bothering other people then I need to be, but when she's fussy I stress that she's driving other people crazy and that they'll be annoyed by the lady interrupting their vacation, who thinks she can manage both her kids, alone.

Anyway the moral of the story is, I got stressed and probably took it out on Maggie a little more then I should. Bless her heart, she can do some really irritating 3 year old things, and usually I try to be patient. Today, the poor girl bore the brunt of my frustration. By 1pm I felt like I'd done nothing except correct her, put her in time out and argue with her. SO we came home to have lunch and take a rest a little early. Thankfully we all rested, Grace woke up acting much more like herself, Maggie was excited that I agreed to go back to the pool for a pre-dinner swim, and I felt much better.

We had a great time swimming and using the beach slip n' slide together this afternoon. Then tonight we had a wonderful dinner with some new friends we've made here, it's 2 families; one has a 3 year old boy, and the other has a 7 month old girl...so I don't have to feel bad when Grace fusses or Maggie interrupts, they get it...they live it too. It was great to have some adult company and to get to know some really great folks.

So, while I started the day on rocky ground, it ended up being a really great day. I hope tomorrow Grace is feeling better, and I can have more patience and be back to my ol' pirate playing self! I'm a lucky mommy and I thank God for my little miracles every day, I just need to remember to ask him for the patience and energy those miracles require.



Maggie and her new friend Dillion playing soccer. Today when we got to the pool, Dillion looked at his mom and said, "Mom, there are the other people who own a baby too." :) After dinner tonight the waiter gave each of them a flashlight and they ran around the lawn shining their flashlights and laughing hysterically, smart smart waiter!


Always a fashion icon!


They just redid the beach slide this morning, so Maggie was the inaugural slider. I'm sorry they didn't have them up last week, Ben and Arnie would have loved it.


Look at those rolls! I'm anxious to get home and weigh her.


MMMMMMM, Sophie the Giraffe tastes good.


I must not have done too much damage today they both went to bed happy girls.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment