Don't get me wrong we had a nice day and I LOVE being here, but Maggie is really having a hard time being away from me (by away, I mean in a different room) all of the sudden. I'm not sure what's causing it, but I hope we can find a solution soon.
I hired someone to work with Maggie on her Spanish for a little while each morning while we're here. My plan was, I'd drop Maggie off in the kids room for Spanish and then Grace would take a nap in her car seat next to my machine in the gym....well, it didn't exactly go like that. I went to drop Maggie off and she FREAKED...grabbed on to my leg, screaming, frothing at the mouth, uncontrollable. I finally just had to leave her there screaming, I could hear her yelling half-way up the steps. Then I got to the gym and instead of being asleep, like most mornings, Grace was awake and fussing. I walked a few laps bouncing her car seat (it was really humid so we were both sweating like crazy by the time she finally fell asleep). About half-way through my workout, I got a message that Maggie was doing better, I'm not sure if it was true or not, but they knew I was worried. After the gym, I ran home to take a quick shower before I picked Maggie back up....but wait, we didn't have any hot water...so I took a quick cold shower and then called someone to come relight the pilot light. Right as Grace and I were getting ready to leave to get Maggie, the rental car people showed up to switch our car, the first one they gave us was great, except it would only lock if it was on, that made leaving anything in it in a parking lot a little risky. By the time I returned to get Maggie, she was playing and having fun, and she was telling me what color everything we passed was in Spanish.
I hope tomorrow morning is less of a fight. I can't do that every morning, and I don't feel like I can "give in" to her crying and just stop making her go. What would that teach her? Not to mention, she loves learning and using spanish, so she'll have a great time if she can just relax. Say a little prayer for both of us, one for her to relax and enjoy the experiences before her and one for my patience and wisdom to comfort her.
Grace was just taking it all in. She wore herself out playing in the pool.
More guacamole...I think that's all she would eat while she was here if I let her get away with it.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:cabo
No comments:
Post a Comment