Saturday, July 16, 2011

She didn't cry!!!!

Yesterday when I dropped Maggie off with Cici, she didn't cry! Amen! She marched right in and started working on a shirt that she'd started the previous day. It was such a good feeling to be able to leave her there having a good time. She doesn't have Spanish lessons over the weekend, so I hope that she doesn't lose the comfort over the weekend.

When we made our initial trip to Cabo Walmart, Maggie saw a hello kitty cup that she wanted. I told her no, and we went on our way. She reminded me of the cup on Wednesday afternoon, so we made a deal that if she went to see Cici without tears, we'd go back. Well she didn't forget, so last night we all set out to wander around town for a bit then stop at Walmart for the Hello Kitty cup. I always park in the same parking garage when I go to town, it's inexpensive, safe and near clean restrooms. Last night we went to leave the garage and apparently the process has changed. The booth that used to contain a person to take your money and let you out, was closed up and replaced by a machine and a big sign that said you had to pay at the machine inside the mall. Amy and I had already loaded the girls up and gotten them settled once, so Amy volunteered to go inside and deal with the machine. Easier said then done! Bless her heart, the machine only takes Pesos, and we didn't have any, so she had to run through the mall, buy a coke light, beg the women for her change in Pesos, pay the ticket and get back to the car. By the time she got back we were both laughing hysterically! I think I may need to find a new place to park or start carrying some Pesos.

Walmart on a Friday night was a mess (what did we expect??) but after nearly and hour, we left the proud owners of a Hello Kitty cup.

In honor of Aunt Amy's last night here we had ice cream for dinner! We're so glad she came to see us, and I'm pretty confident I can say she's never had a vacation quite like this one before :) I hope spending the week with Maggie and Grace didn't delay the potential of cousins for our girls!!

This morning we dropped Amy off at the airport and Maggie said "Now our vacation isn't going to be fun anymore, until daddy gets here." Good thing it was just a matter of minutes before daddy arrived. I wouldn't have wanted to ruin the fun she was having.

We'll spend the next couple of days, just the 4 of us, then on Monday we get to go pick up the Ries'....we can't wait to have them here with us.

By the way, today when Maggie ordered lunch she said "Un taco carne con queso, por favor"...One steak taco with cheese, please....not bad! She's not remembering her colors quite as well, but she'll never go hungry!


It was "everybody wear a pink dress day!"


Aunt Amy is a good sport!


Grace's life....not so bad!


Maggie had a big girl ponytail, she looked like she was about 5.


Ice Cream for dinner!! Yummy!


While we were locked in the parking garage, Grace decided it was time to eat. Thankfully her big sister was there to handle it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:cabo

No comments:

Post a Comment