I knew sooner or later we would turn a corner and today we did...Maggie didn't cry when I dropped her off with Cici (she's been doing better) but she did cry when I came to pick her up! I'd way rather have that, any day.
There are a couple other families with kids here now, I'm so glad to see them. Maggie was playing cars with 2 little boys in the pool, to any outsider it would have looked like 3 kids who'd known each other forever playing together...the truth was that the boys only spoke Spanish. Kids are amazing though, somehow between words, gestures and examples they were all in complete agreement about what was happening.
Gracie had a little more guacamole today. She LOVES it. Also, a tip if you make guacamole at home, put a little cream in it. I asked what was in it, because I wanted to be sure I wasn't feeding her something she shouldn't have and they told me it's just avocado and cream...they use the cream because it keeps the dip green a lot longer.
Poor Gracie. Maggie wanted to hold her for a picture, I see lots of headlocks in her future!
The little swimmer...Today Maggie decided she was ready for dive sticks. The pool is about 5 feet deep, I threw them out and she swam down and got them, all by herself...over and over and over. Then she decided the dive sticks weren't challenging enough so we moved on to a golf ball. Same thing, I threw it, she swam down, grabbed it and brought it back. I can't believe how much she has improved. I make her wear her life jacket when I'm not in the pool with her and she gets really annoyed with me and lectures me about how she doesn't need "that thing" anymore....too bad kiddo!
We took Gracie's new found Bumbo to the pool today. I have to thank John for the recommendation. I never would have thought of it, but I remembered him telling me that he uses Ellie's in the bathtub sometimes. It was perfect. She sat on the step and splashed for a long time. She liked it MUCH better then her floaty thing.
Arnie said she looks like an old man in this picture.
sun kissed...I've always gotten freckles on my nose in the summer. Today I noticed Maggie is getting them too. I told her she had the Westerfield's to thank for those freckles. So several times this afternoon she could be heard saying..."Take a picture and send it to the Westerfield's Mom. They gave me my nose spots."
And what would a post be without a picture of Gracie sleeping someplace...so here she is...don't worry the treadmill was out of order, she wasn't going anywhere.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment