The dumb dog...Maggie was going down her tube slide today, when she got to the top and talked it would echo down the slide, Reagan was trying to figure out where the echo came from, so time after time she would stick her head up the slide, and EVERY time she got kicked in the head by Maggie coming down. I bet it happened 8 times, you'd think she'd learn.
A stupid cat...that's right, our cats back is shaved. Last night Arnie noticed a pretty god gash on Peanut's back, it wasn't bleeding and didn't really seem to bother her so we left it till morning. This morning I dropped her off at the vet, they sedated her, shaved her back and cleaned up the wound. We have no idea what happened to her, I think it looks like barbed wire, but it could have been anything. Maggie was very concerned about the missing hair, she asked the vet "When is peanut's butt hair going to come back?" While Arnie and I aren't huge cat fans, peanut has been a good addition to our household. She has made a huge dent in our mole problem, taken care of lots of mice and usually gets the frogs that seem to be all around our house in nice weather....EXCEPT for....
THE BIG FAT TOAD....seriously, I've had about enough of this guy. I don't really mind frogs. We usually have several around our water rocks in the front yard and at night they're often out on the driveway, no big deal, they are kind of neat (and peanut usually eats them). But this guy must have bribed the cat to leave him alone, or maybe he's just too big, because he's been living in our garage (right next to the cat bed). Last week when I was cleaning the garage I had my first run in with him and his twin brother, they hopped out from behind the freezer when I moved it and startled me (ok, scared the crap of me, but whose keeping track). I shewed them out of the garage and thought that was going to be it. Boy was I wrong. Now several times a day I see him sitting on the ledge in the garage just mocking me! I can't bring myself to kill him (it would make a huge gross mess), I'm starting to regret not power washing him out of the garage, he's really not hurting anything, but he's made a game of making me scream....I think maybe I can actually hear him laughing.
Arnie has been out of town today, so when we weren't dealing with animals the girls and I had lots of play time. Today Maggie told me I was the bestest cook, I made her a cheese and hot dog quesadilla, it's a delicacy you know :) Let me know if you want the recipe.
Here are a few pictures of the 2 legged people at our house...
| Maggie making Gracie and I some lunch. |
| "Mom, Gracie can have this hamburger, it's pretend. Did you know that?" |
| A little sister chat. I wish I could hear what Maggie is telling her. |
| Weighing in in this corner, for the feather weight division is MAGGIE. I told her to look tough, this is what I got :) |
i would be really happy if that lovely frog left your house before i get there in a few weeks!! :) I'm guessing it is going to turn pink very soon ..... Maggie prayed for a frog for quite some time! love the pics! can't wait to see yall soon! xoxo
ReplyDelete