Monday, June 6, 2011

Get a power washer!!!

seriously, if you don't have one, and can possibly afford it, get one! (or if you live close, come borrow mine).  I spent the day power washing things and was reminded why that thing is my favorite "tool".  Today was the first time, in the almost 3 years since we've lived here, that I power washed the garage floor....I'm pretty sure I was still getting rid of some of the old peoples dirt...I can see to the bottom of the seams in our cement floor :)  I didn't power wash anything with paint on it, I learned an unfortunate lesson at our old house....we once had to have our front porch sanded and painted because I got a little over-zealous...but I sure did have fun.  I still have lots more things to get clean, but I'm off to a good start.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll tackle some patio furniture. 

It was HOT today, so we got out Maggie's swimming pool and set it up on the driveway.  She did lots of "swimming" and it was a great way for her to spend a hot afternoon.  All the toys Maggie has, and she spent most of the day trying to get bugs out of the pool with the net...it was a clean pool :)  Tomorrow's supposed to be another scorcher, maybe I'll get in a few laps with the girls.


In case you ever wondered what 80 yards of mulch looks like.... (that pile is every bit of 10 feet tall)
Maggie asked why the truck driver brought us a mountain.  Tomorrow we start landscaping, phase II! 

No comments:

Post a Comment