Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Robinson's go GREEN...

...not that kind of green (we still have 2 cars that get less then 14 mpg). This kind....
For three years, I've been hearing about how much easier life would be with a tractor.  Several times a week, I'll mention something we should work on around here and Arnie responds with, "You know what would make that a lot easier?"....the answer is always a tractor.  Until now I've convinced him that we don't need a tractor.  BUT for Father's Day Maggie and I thought we would surprise him and we succeeded.

Last week Arnie mentioned several tractors he'd seen on-line and listed off several things he could accomplish if he had one.  He even stopped by John Deere to look at a few.  All the while I was trying to keep a straight face because I knew we technically already owned the tractor he really wanted.

The John Deere guy delivered the tractor Friday morning, Friday night after we'd been at a rehearsal dinner I sent him out to the shed to get me a step stool...he opened the door and there it was.  The girls and I were close behind.  I wish we could have seen his face, but I'm pretty sure we surprised him. 

This morning he and Maggie got some mowing done and now he's out moving rock.  I hope he enjoys his new toy and "here's to life being a lot easier!" :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the tractor. It has been fun following the storyline!

    ReplyDelete