Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mom, where does electricity come from?

...and "from the power company" was apparently not a thorough enough answer for Maggie!  It's a hard concept to understand and it's an even harder one to try and explain to a 3 year old.

Last night a HUGE storm rolled through, it showed up fairly quickly and knocked out our power.  We were in the dark for about 4 hours.  Arnie was at the Y, he was supposed to be reffing basketball, but I think they were stuck sitting in a gym for most of the storm. Maggie had a million questions about why we couldn't turn on the lights, or at least the TV.  She also wanted to know when the ice balls were going to come (thankfully they didn't) and Reagan stayed busy trying to "catch" the light that came out of the end of our flashlight. 

I heard this morning that more then 3" of rain may have fallen between 7pm and 9pm and winds were about 70mph. I would beleive it!  I haven't walked the whole property, but we don't seem to have any damage.  There are lots of trees down around town.


Right before the storm.

What did we do during power outages before iPad's?

Maggie took a bath by candlelight and both girls were tucked in in the dark.
It sounds like we may have more storms today.  There is a truck in the driveway unloading the materials to reapair the shed roof, from the hail storm in April, I hope it doesn't all get damaged before it makes it onto the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment