Me: "I don't think so."
Maggie: "You're not sure?"
Me: "I don't think they do, but I'm not sure."
Maggie: "I guess I'll ask the Vet, he'll know. Did you know I have a belly button?"
I've been out smarted by a 3 year old...I suppose I should Google "dog belly button".
It's been a busy couple of days around here. Friday, Grace and I made a quick trip to Omaha to meet baby Oliver. On our way, I decided to see if we could get Grace into the doctor while we were in town, she's been fussier then usual and just seemed like maybe something was up...I suspected she had an ear infection and I was right. I hope she doesn't have as much trouble with those as her big sister, but I guess only time will tell. So far she seems to HATE (throw-up) the antibiotic, so I'm afraid it might take us a little longer then usual to get her feeling better. The good news is she's still sleeping like a champ.
Friday night, Arnie and I were going to go on a date but we decided we had SO much mulch to spread that maybe we better get started. So while Betti had the girls we spread tons of mulch in the front yard. Saturday was more of the same, lots of yard work, mulch spreading and rock hauling. The front yard is starting to look pretty good, I bet by the middle of the week some pesky weed will have the guts to grow through all of that pretty new mulch.
Maggie spent Saturday with the Orwig's, they are so good to her! She went to a soccer tournament, helped Lauren wash her car (I'm sure she was lots of help) and even got to have an ice cream swamich. We're so lucky to have such wonderful people who are willing to adopt us and our kids....they're definitely like family to us!
This morning at church Maggie decided she wanted to go up to the front for the children's sermon, that's a big step, she usually has NO interest. She walked all the way up to the front, by herself and sat down to hear the story, after it was done they ushered all the kids from the front out the door to Children's Church...well, she wasn't going to be fooled into that, she came running, full spead ahead back down the isle. I guess I should be thankful she wasn't screaming.
| Grace, Oliver and Nate. Nate said he'd never held a baby so we thought we'd give him 2 :) |
| "My sister helped dress me, what are these goofy things on my feet???" |
| Saturday morning doughnuts with daddy!! |
| Gracie enjoyed dinner on the deck. |
| Always a fashion statement... |
| Maggie decided they both needed blue frilly skirts for church. Thankfully they each had one. |
Thanks to Maggie, I had too Google it and found out all mammals have a belly button. On a dog it it where the fur swirls on the stomach
ReplyDelete