Wednesday, June 1, 2011

sa'more smores, please....

Tonight we lit the fire pit for the first time this summer.  Arnie made us a few smores and we enjoyed some time outside. We've been having some trouble with the waterfall and tonight Arnie figured out the problem and got it back up and running.  When we landscaped the backyard, I really wasn't interested in having a waterfall, now I am so glad we have it....I really missed the noise while it wasn't working.

We've been in our house almost 3 years now, it's hard to believe, I feel like it's still our new house and I'd swear we're still new to town.  When we first moved here I didn't think I would ever get used to the quiet and the space....I think I'm realizing now that I would miss it a little if we didn't have it.  My favorite part of our house is the backyard, and other then the zillion hours of weed pulling that I need to do, it's like having our own little park. It's a perfect place for family time, it's great for Maggie to play alone or for her to have lots of friends over. I adore it.  (and we love to share it, so come on over!!!)



A few pictures from yesterday and today....

The girls watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...Gracie is always calmest when Maggie is close by.

Who can swing higher? Grandma Lucy or Maggie??

We tried finger painting today for the first time, it went much better then expected. Maggie loved it and the mess was alot easier to deal with then I expected.

Gracie is loving her new chair....she just smiles and talks while she sits there. She doesn't spend anywhere near as much time on the floor as Maggie did, (Maggie thinks all furniture is for jumping off, I would hate for Grace to be the landing pad), so I'm glad she enjoys sitting in her chair.


1 comment:

  1. I love how Maggie is sitting in the Bumbo. I think Spencer used ours more when Carter was born than when he was a baby! He was devastated when we got rid of it!

    ReplyDelete