Tuesday, July 31, 2012

YES!!!!!

Gracie is finally shaking her head YES, and she means it. It might not sound like a big deal but it's a BIG breakthrough in communication for us. She is such a determined little girl and she knows what she wants. She and I would both often get frustrated trying to "communicate" and the addition of this one little head shake has helped a ton!

Last weekend we had a fun (but really quick) visit from Aunt Gwen, Uncle Dwight, Sarah, Jenny, Claire, Gabi and Mina. Jenny was asking Grace a question and she got a hearty head shake yes to whatever the question was.....I'll give Gabi the credit for teaching her :) Thanks buddy.

Gabi might be a California boy, but he's a farm kid at heart. He couldn't wait to come over and drive the tractor. (I was too busy keeping track of Grace to take pictures, I guess). He took a few rides, went to visit the horses and played in the yard with the girls. It was so fun to have him here. He's about 9 months older then Grace. When I watch (and listen to) him it's hard to believe how much she'll change in the next 9 months. He's a kid, not a baby. He talks in full sentences, uses utensils and can run an ipad by himself.....(that has the potential to cause a lot of arguments between siblings at our house).....in the last week Gracie has seemed so much older to me, and Maggie has been talking a lot about kindergarten, what happened to my babies??





Poor Mina! Maggie wanted to hold and love on her all the time. She was a good sport and such a happy girl!!


Gracie even got to try out the tractor....maybe we'll have 2 little cowgirls.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment