At school they have been talking about the Olympics and doing lots of projects. They made torches and medals last week.
Uncle Evan's friend Jeremy made the Olympic pole vault team! Maggie is SO excited she can hardly stand it. She tells everyone she sees that her "friend GERM-Y is going to the Olympics and he's really tall." Then she gives a rather humorous demonstration on how pole vaulting works. Tomorrow, she is taking Jeremy's picture to school for show & tell, so she can tell all her classmates that someone from Norfolk is going to be in the Olympics.
She doesn't seem to understand why we can't just head for London and watch the games in person. She's also having a hard time decided what sport she's going to do in the Olympics someday, currently I think gymnastics is the leader, followed very closely by pole vaulting.
A few other pictures from our week...
| Grace has started making the "cheese" face when I get out the camera, I'm not sure where she gets it, I never tell her to say cheese.... |
| ....okay, maybe I know where she gets it. |
| Can I help? Comm'on guys, let me help?? |
No comments:
Post a Comment