I know, crazy right. Who in their right mind puts underwear on an unpotty trained toddler?? Apparently, we do.
On Saturday Gracie had an allergic reaction (we think) to her swim diapers. It's bad! Her poor little bottom is raw (that's an understatement but I'll spare you the details). She doesn't want to sit down at all...her car seat, her high chair and changing her pants cause SCREAMING, lots of SCREAMING. After a trip to the doctor yesterday for some steroid cream and an antibiotic to reduce the chance of infection (open wounds and poop are not a good mix) we decided to go sans diaper for a while. It's helping. She seems more comfortable and her rear is starting to look a little better. It's causing us to be much more vigilant about the potty training we've been casually working on and she's doing great, so far. Yesterday afternoon and evening she only had one accident. Maggie and I had Bible School last night, so poor dad was tasked with the first evening alone. I left a dozen pairs of panties out for him and was shocked when I came home to the still clean pile. So far this morning we've only needed one pair....I certainly expect some real messes in our near future (they're just panties, if the mess is serious enough we can cut them off and throw them away).....I better get the carpet cleaner out and ready. Wish us luck! Hopefully after a few days of this craziness we'll be able to go back to our pull-ups.
I have a couple of cloth swim diapers on order...that could be a new adventure as well, I hope they seal up tight!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment