Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Watch out world, she has wheels!

We've been talking for a few weeks about getting Maggie a bike. We didn't do it at her birthday because I was worried about 2 wheels and our gravel driveway, but it's become increasingly apparent that most other 4 year olds have a bike and she was really ready for one too.

Anyway, yesterday when I picked her up at school, Arnie met us for a surprise visit to the bike shop. She couldn't really figure out why we were there, it took her a while to realize we were actually going to get her a bike.

She was so excited....


Gracie wanted to help too :)



She loves it. Surprise, surprise it's pink and it has a BASKET!! The list of things she can carry in that basket is constantly growing.

This morning she called Grandma and Grandpa, to tell them all about her bike. My favorite part was, "we had to lower the seat a little so I could get my booty all the way up there."

She got to take her bike on an inaugural ride at Norfolk Iron. She rode out of the elevator and down the hall to surprise Pops. I'm guessing she might be the first person to ever ride a bike in the office....



Pops gave her a business card and Dawn gave her a few suckers, she was so excited to have things to put in her basket, she didn't even eat one.





When we got home her favorite buddy was there to help her break it in. He tried to convince her to take the training wheels off, but she wasn't having any of that. I've heard a story about Brandon asking Arnie to take his training wheels off, Brandon was about 3 and Arnie obliged. I think Brandon was just trying to repay the favor.





Next time we buy a bike, I think I'll wait until it's not a zillion degrees outside...it's been a hot day and a half on the driveway! (maybe we should have stayed at the office)


While Maggie was biking, Gracie was practicing her double fisted badminton, it might me an olympic sport of the future.....Excuse the diaper on the driveway, I don't usually do that, but potty training is wearing me out and we live in the middle of nowhere, who was going to see :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment