After a weekend full of 4th of July celebration and family. Things are back to normal around here. We didn't do much but play last week, so it seems we have more to do and more projects around the house then we can tackle, but so far it's shaping up to be a productive week. Our storm shelter has been damp lately, so today I tore out all the carpet, cleaned up the mess, threw things away, scrubbed the walls with bleach, etc....It stinks to work so hard and still have more mess then I started with!!
This morning Maggie had "camp" at church. She was really excited to go, but I wasn't sure how she would actually respond when we got there and I turned around to leave. She did AWESOME. She walked right in to her class, found a familiar face and didn't look over her shoulder once. I'm so glad we seem to be past the screaming crying fits when I leave her....I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
The fireworks in Norfolk were Saturday night. They were amazing as usual. Grace enjoyed them (once we went inside and watch through the window) and of course Maggie thought they were amazing. Mom, Dad, Vadim, Laura, Mark, Nate & Bri were all here to celebrate with us. We had a house full, we wouldn't want it any other way. Uncle Evan, Aunt Amy, Aunt Lori, Emma, Aunt Diane and Howie were all here too.....I didn't do a very good job taking pictures!
 |
| BUBBLES!!! |
 |
| Surprise, surprise...Maggie spent as much time as possible in the pool. |
 |
| Come on Aunt Amy, I know you have ice cream! |
Yesterday we had some friends over to play. After a week of 100+ degree temps it was a nice break in the weather, but of course the kids whined that it was too cold.....seriously?
 |
| This is her new "cheese face"...I think it kind of makes her look toothless. |
 |
All the "real" toys and she'd rather play with empty spice bottles. We didn't get Grace
a birthday present, at the time I couldn't think of a single thing she could possibly need. She
played with a water table at Grandma and Pop's and was mesmerized, so her belated
birthday present arrived yesterday. She spent a couple of hours playing with it, that's a BIG
accomplishment, I usually can't get her to focus on one thing for 10 minutes! I see alot of
wet toddler in our future. But she loves it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment