Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The mess, Bible School and the rest of our week...

In my last post, I mentioned that I thought there was a mess in my future.....I assumed Grace would be causing the mess. Well I'm happy to report that Grace has done awesome. She's been wearing her panties around the house and has only had a couple of accidents. Her bum is looking MUCH better, not all the way healed yet, but bearable, she seems much less miserable. BUT there was a mess.....a BIG mess!

Monday, after lunch, I was standing at the kitchen counter working on something and all of the sudden a drop of water landed on my arm. I looked up to see a big water stain across the kitchen ceiling! WHAT??? I ran upstairs to find the toilet in the girls bathroom overflowing. The last time I remembered Maggie using that bathroom was Sunday afternoon. As I entered the girls bathroom I could see the water on the floor, water was squishing out from under the linoleum and everything was wet. I threw down as many towels as I could come up. At the exact moment I found the batroom mess, Grace peed on the floor at the bottom of the stairs and was SCREAMING and clinging to the baby gate and Maggie was in the shower, hollering that she needed help washing her hair. I was a touch overwhelmed. I called Arnie and asked him to come home and help me. 30 minutes later, Grace was happy and dry, Maggie was cleaned, dried and dressed and Arnie had plunged the toilet and it seemed to be working again. Now I can laugh about it, really it's not that big of a deal, but in the moment I was pretty frustrated. I need to give it all some time to dry and then it will be time to paint the kitchen ceiling and maybe this will be the excuse I needed to tackle the bathroom floor....SO, I did have my mess, just not the one I expected. By the way, when I asked Maggie about the toilet, she said, "ya, it was overflowing a little, but you told me to take a nap, so I went and laid down."  Really, the one time she chooses to listen to me when I tell her to sleep???

Sunday night Maggie and I started Bible School at church. It's been a fun and exhausting week. Maggie is loving it and is really starting to be comfortable in our church here. I have a group of 11 rowdy, naughty and loud boys. They wear me out but it's been fun to be there, and I'm enjoying getting to know a lot of people who I've only ever had time to say hello to on Sunday morning.
We have a camping theme....there are tents all over church. Maggie is convinced people are sleeping in
them every night.

Cell phone pictures, not so great....




This morning we beat the heat with some friends at the movies. We saw Winnie the Pooh, Maggie might have been too busy eating popcorn to notice the movie.
 Grace is still loving her water table....or at least she loves dumping water out of her water table...



Look at those eye lashes....

This is the family living on our front porch, I can't wait for them to learn to fly so I can knock down their nest....Mama bird isn't so fond of Grace playing on the front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment