Friday, July 6, 2012

The never ending 4th of July....

I LOVE the 4th of July, and it's a good thing because this year it just keeps on happening! Maggie keeps asking if it's been the "real 4th" yet. We started with the concert at Memorial Park last Friday and it feels like we've been having holidays every since. Tomorrow night is Big Bang Boom (our fireworks show here in Norfolk) and then it will officially be over.

On the 3rd we went spent the day playing at Aunt Trisha and Uncle Jeff's....


Even the kids need to relax a little...

Don't mess with Maggie and Aunt Joyce, or you'll get it!!


Let me in, I know those cookies are in there!
(Grace figured out she could reach the cookies onthe kitchen table by herself. I have
NO idea how many she'd eaten when I caught her.)

I like this pillow so much I might need one for the kiddie pool in our driveway!

Bri's (Nate's girlfriend) Mom and Dad taught us how to make pretzels over
the fire...they were delicious!

Mom and Uncle Mike spinning their pretzels.

Yum, Yum!!
 On the 4th we spent the evening swimming and playing at Dick and Betti's....
It looks like the girls might be working on a plan to team up on Cooper!


She wasn't sure about the sparklers at first, but after a couple she thought they
were pretty cool.

....so did Pop's and Uncle Evan.

Arnie brought her this hat home from golf yesterday, she looks about 15 when she
wears it. (and she thinks she's pretty cool, because after all it is a "real golfing hat".)

This morning Maggie painted a flag....then another and another and another....she said,
"Mom, I started painting flags and I just can't stop. I love America."
Happy 4th of July to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment