Dear Maggie,
I can't believe that our little girl is 4! Where has the time gone? You're an amazing little girl. You're wise beyond your years and you LOVE people. You enjoy preschool and are really starting to read. I'm amazed at what you learn every day. You recently learned to go all the way across the monkey bars and are so proud of all the hard work it took to accomplish that.
You love being a big sister and you're an amazing role model for Gracie. She wants to be exactly like you. If you had your way, the 2 of you would dress alike every day and wear matching pajamas every night. You get in trouble frequently for trying to pick Grace up, but it's hard for Daddy and I to get too upset because she's always laughing hysterically.
You love to play outside, spend lots of time in your playhouse, go visit the neighbor horses, go to Omaha, read, color, dance, sing, do gymnastics and TALK. You ask a zillion questions every day and you really want the answers.
This year you started going to church on Wednesday nights, you were a little reluctant at first, but really learned to enjoy it, you still refuse to go to Sunday School, maybe when you're 4. You also go to gymnastics at the Y once a week.
Your favorite foods are steak, macaroni and cheese, lobster bisque and ice cream. You still hate to sleep, you'd never take a nap and stay up till midnight every night, if it were up to you.
You love to travel and you're good at it. Your happy to go anywhere, anytime. You ask frequently when we can go to Australia. We've taken lots of trips this year, but I think your favorite times are the quick weekend camping trips. You LOVE to camp. I don't think we'd have become "campers" without your passion for it. It's been good for all of us and you started it.
We're proud of you for so many reasons. You've become a very caring and compassionate little girl. You understand that not everyone has the things you have and your quick to want to share them or provide them for others. You saved lots of change for the animal shelter this year, helped Miss Lauren deliver Christmas presents at the veterans home, and became obsessed with buying pajamas for the pj drive at school. You love with your whole heart and rarely see fault in anyone.
Daddy and I adore you more then you will ever know. We're so thankful to get to be your mom and dad. The last 4 years has gone so quickly, I'm excieted by what's to come, but a little sad to know that your little kid years are behind us. You tell me regularly that you'll never leave home, that when you're married and a mommy you'll still live with me (and that when you're in college you'll either live with me or in Omaha with Grandma and Grandpa, but visit me every week). I know that someday you'll grow out of that and before I know it, I'll be moving you away to college....but for now I'll snuggle you tight and hold on to the hope that you mean it.
I know this year will bring great things, I can't wait to watch you take them head on!
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment