Thursday afternoon, my friend Jen called looking for someone to take her kids on Friday...3 more kids, what the heck :)
We had the BEST day! When I said yes, I was planning on having a sitter watch all the kids in the morning while I worked (she has 7 siblings, I knew she'd be up for the challenge), but she called at 6am on Friday with the flu! So, I rescheduled my shoot and got to hang out and play, play, play! Maggie was SAD that her friends were going to be here while she was at school so we let her play hookie.
 |
| Lauren, would you like a pancake.... |
 |
| ....delicious. |
We took a stroll to see our friends....come to think of it, I might be the only one who actually walked...
 |
| Do you think they could eat us? |
 |
If you ever need a ride-on toy, get the John Deere, the thing sure takes
a beating and keeps on running. |
 |
| 2 little divas (and their baby) at the "grocery store". |
 |
Jarrett convinced them to quit playing store and
play baseball, that lasted about 45 seconds. |
 |
Lunch time.....Did you know it's possible for 3 kids to each come up
with a completely different way to have you cut their hot dog? |
 |
This was the only time all day that Lauren and Gracie both SCREAMED
at the same time, I couldn't get them to stop (come to find out Lauren was
allergic to the sunscreen I put all over her).... |
 |
| ....it took me a minute but I came up with a solution. |
It might only be the first week of May, but it was HOT, so we drug out the water slide....
 |
This is either the laziest or most creative way I've ever seen anyone
play basketball.....maybe both! |
 |
| A little relaxing for the girls (again, it lasted about 10 seconds.) |
 |
| After bottles and a nap the little girls were in better shape. |
 |
"Come on Gracie, you can get the baby gate open for us, figure out this lock
puzzle!! Then we can break out of the house and use the water slide with the big kids." |
I won't be starting a daycare anytime soon, but I hope that's not the last time we have a few extra kids around here. The kids loved having friends for a whole day and everyone had someone to keep them busy so it really was way less work for me then I anticipated. Maggie already asked if they're coming back on Monday :)
No comments:
Post a Comment