I haven't taken many pictures in the last few days. I'm not sure what's up. Our whole house is in a bit of a funk...we all need to snap out of it. Maybe it's the full moon....
Grace is getting another HUGE tooth. Her teeth are coming in in a very strange order, she's got big gaps on both sides in the bottom and now she's getting maybe her eye teeth, I don't know. They seem gigantic, and she's not happy about it.
Maggie's been in a funk too. I don't know what's going on with her. I know I just need to have patience but she's really testing me. Yesterday there was a kid party at church, Maggie said she'd like to go, so we went. They had several big inflatables, bounce houses, slides, etc...she was really excited when we walked in, and the next thing I know she was crying. She was scared, she didn't want the big kids to jump on her, she didn't like the guys in the inflatable sumo wrestler suits, etc, etc, etc..... After about 25 minutes, I took her home. Every time she tried something new, she started bawling and she didn't want to be there. Then this morning when Arnie took her to school she did the same thing....cried all the way there, and he had to leave her a bawling mess with one of the teachers. By the time I got there to pick her up she seemed to be better, but she's definitely not herself. I don't know why I get so frustrated with her, but the whole situation just really irritates me. I don't know what we're doing wrong or what else we could be doing to make her feel more confident, less nervous. I hope it's just a phase. I hope we're doing the right thing, I just want her to be self-assured, confident and happy. What the heck??
2 crabby kids leads to 2 exhausted and maybe even a little crabby parents. Hopefully we'll all bounce back soon. Maybe I'll start by picking up my camera....
No comments:
Post a Comment