Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mommy moment...

About an hour and a half ago I set out to post some pictures from yesterday... Gracie was a little fussy and I decided I would try and feed her a little first, I got out a bottle & snuggled her in, she took a drink and SPLASH!!! the top came off the bottle and the poor thing was drenched.  Okay, no big deal, we'll have a little bath...at the hospital they want us to give sponge baths (much harder with a squirmy infant then it sounds)...I started washing her off, and somehow through her diaper she peed all over both of us, so I took the diaper off and continued with the bath....a few seconds later it was time to poop, all over us both....we started the bath over, got a new diaper, some dry pj's and now we're both good as new.  Welcome to the world Miss Gracie.....I'm glad to see you have a little spunk :)

Yesterday was pretty uneventful, we had lots of wonderful visitors and spent the day hanging out at the hospital.  We're waiting for our doctors to check us out this morning, then we're out of here.  It will be nice to get outside and to be home with Maggie. 

Speaking of Maggie, yesterday Gracie pooped all over a blanket, so I sent it home with my mom and dad to the wash....Maggie asked grandma why they had the blanket and mom said "Gracie pooped on it."  Maggie continued to ask questions, and to one question mom's response was "Mama took her diaper off, and she pooped all over the blanket."  To which Maggie responded "Mommy's don't wear diapers!!!"  She's got a point :)

The pediatrician just came in and check on Gracie, she's down to 7 lbs. 11 oz., which is hard to believe because she's been eating like CRAZY...but I'm sure she'll make up for it quickly.  Now we just wait for my doctor and then we're out of here.

Here are a few new pictures....

I asked Maggie if she could watch Mickey Mouse and pay attention
to Gracie.  She said "I can multi-task"....seriously!


All smiles!

Mom, if you're not going to feed me, I'll do it myself.




Maggie is going to miss the hospital food.  She thinks it's really fun
that you can call the cafeteria and a few minutes later the food just shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment