Wednesday, April 27, 2011

4 weeks already & Gertrude has returned...

Gracie Tate is 4 weeks old today...I can't believe it.  They've been a busy 4 weeks but the time has still flown by.  She's still a great baby, most nights she only gets up once, she's very calm and easy to please during the day...as long as you keep her belly full and her diaper changed she's very agreeable. I hope she stays that way.

There are still so many pictures I would like to take of her, and I'm quickly running out of time.  Hopefully we'll get a little more time in the studio in the next couple of days, and Saturday morning when daddy is home to help I'm hoping to get a few more shots of the 2 girls together....we'll see how that goes.

This morning I took a short break from maternity leave to shoot a set of 6 weeks old twins, they were the first babies, besides my own, that I've had in my beautiful new studio.  They gave me a run for my money, I was definitely sweating by the time I finished with them (they definitely reminded me why I usually like the babies younger).  My plan was/is to stay on "maternity leave" and home with the girls for most of the summer, but I may take an occasional "work day" between now and then.  It was fun to get back at it, and boy/girl twins are a rare opportunity...so I just couldn't pass it up.  Maggie was at school and Gracie slept quietly in the corner for the whole 3 hour session.

Yesterday Gracie and I did a little work of our own....
When Maggie was a baby and she would get really crabby we called her Gertrude...the last couple of days Gertrude seems to be making lots of appearances.  Say a little prayer for Miss Maggie, she's been a real pill the last couple of days.  I think it's a combination of new baby sister and sheer exhaustion.  She's very emotional and much more argumentative then her usual sweet little self...maybe it's Arnie and I that need the prayers....Hopefully during this afternoons nap Gertrude decides to go back where she came from and return Maggie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment