Sunday, April 15, 2012

WHOA!!

Yikes, the weather here yesterday was crazy! Thankfully we didn't get the predicted tornados, but we did get several inches of hail and really high winds. Unfortunately our new roof (thanks to last years hail storm) is less then 2 weeks old, I'm not sure the hail did much damage to it, but there are a few shingles in the yard, so we might have to get back on the roofers list.

Grace didn't seem to notice the storm and Maggie was so excited to run out and pick up "ice balls" that she wasn't nervous at all. With about 5 minutes to spare we decided to move the camper inside the warehouse at Norfolk Iron, thank goodness, it may not have held up as well as the house.




brrrrrrr....ready set....

....daddy, will you come with me.

If it we're up to Maggie we'd have a freezer full of ice balls. We settled on one little bowl.
There was lots of flooding around town after the storm passed, besides the hail we got somewhere between 3 and 6 inches of rain. This picture is of the main street downtown. I ran to the store (to buy flashlight batteries) right after the storm, right off the highway there was a car sitting at a stop sign, the water was about an inch from the windows and the guy was sitting on the roof. I called 911 and the operator told me that he was out of luck and he was just going to have to wait for the water to go down because they were out of officers and there was a huge list of calls to cover.

Last night we went to the Carly and JJ's for supper. We decided if we were going to be stuck in a storm somewhere we might as well be stuck together. Arnie, Maggie and Gracie got to meet baby Henry.....Maggie couldn't believe how little he was.


I think they were doing the rain dance....
It still sounded like there was a threat of storms last night, so we decided to have a family slumber party in our basement. I don't think any more storms came, but maybe we just slept through them.

Our poor plants, trees and landscaping are pretty beat up. There is mulch everywhere! It's supposed to be very windy this afternoon, hopefully it won't all blow away.

Oh well, I'm greatful that we didn't need the laundry baskets of clothes that I moved to the basement and that I could carry up all the things I moved down there for safety. God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment