Yesterday, Maggie took an unusually long rest in the afternoon. When she was halfway down the steps, she said, "Mom, will you paint my fingernails?" I told her that I had to be at a meeting in a few minutes, so there wouldn't be time, but that we could probably do it after supper. Then I looked up to see her fanning her left hand around.............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Upon further inspection her left nails, fingers, hand, arm, etc. all had bright purple polish on them. I asked where she painted them and she told me on her night stand. I sprinted up the steps to find her beautiful yellow nightstand dotted with polish and then I saw the spot on the carpet!! It's a good thing for Maggie that the babysitter was walking in the door and I had to be at a meeting shortly, because I was mad.
By the time I got home, I'd calmed down. Thankfully the Mr. Clean Eraser got all the polish off her nightstand and the spot on the carpet isn't so big. I wish I had taken a picture of her scrubbing her nightstand. She'd been playing dress up with the sitter and was wearing a fairy princess costume, scrubbing with a sponge. She looked a little bit like Cinderella, after the ball.
Needless to say, I've hidden all the nail polish!
This picture has nothing to do with my post. I meant to post it the other day and forgot. Someday when she's big I'll want to remember that she always sits with her ankles crossed....in her high chair, in her car seat, pretty much everywhere. I think it's so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment