Thursday, April 5, 2012

Off we go....

Before I post a few pictures of our first day in Albuquerque I need to go back to a picture from Tuesday night. It was Maggie's last night of this session of gymnastics....
She has been asking about walking on the high beam since her first class a couple of years ago, and now she can! She was SO proud of herself. She says that next she's ready for the high bars.

Wednesday morning we headed for Albuquerque. We'll have passover here with Arnie's family tomorrow night then on Saturday morning we'll head home for Easter.

Our flights we're uneventful, we stopped in Denver and while a layover isn't ideal, it made for 2 short flights, so that was great. Both girls refused to sleep at all on the way here. I don't know why I even entertain the idea that one of them might sleep....it never happens and I'm always surprised....duh, they aren't going to do it!



The minute we landed and got in the car.....seriously??

We're staying at a really cool Inn, it's a working farm, so there are animals, fields, etc. Maggie LOVES
it. For the next several years every time we head for a hotel I'm almost positive she'll ask it it's going to have
animals.

 Last night we took a sky tram ride to the top of the mountain for dinner. I don't love hanging from a steel cable over giant canyons, but the view was beautiful, the sunset was amazing and the girls seemed to enjoy it. So I just clenched my jaws and pretended not to be scared :)
Waiting for the ride....did I mention it took 15 minutes and is the longest cable trolley in the US....


Maggie loved the view.

At the top it was 32 degrees (probably shouldn't have let Maggie wear sandals), we checked out the sunset then
had dinner at a restaurant that says it's 2 miles high. Maggie got a little altitude sick, but she still loved the adventure.

waiting for the ride back down.

this morning Maggie fed baby carrots to the cow and goats at our Inn.

These baby goats are 2 days old. I'm not a really goat fan, but they
were soft and really snuggely.


While Grace napped this morning Maggie and I went and had a little big girl time. She got a glittery pedicure and asked about a million questions.
 We let daddy pick lunch. Surprise, surprise, he hunted down a Chick-Fil-A.
 Aunt Diane got here just before nap time and she brought a few books to share with Maggie, so they snuggled in and did some reading.
So much fun, I wonder what tomorrow will bring.....

No comments:

Post a Comment