Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I'm not really a fan...."

Tonight has been a long evening at the Robinson house. Maggie was about 2 bites into her dinner before heading to church and she threw this HUGE tantrum about not wanting to go. After my attempt to reassure her and calm her down was unsuccessful, I sent her to her room, she continued SCREAMING and yelling. I went up and told her she could pull herself together and get ready to go to church or she could spend the evening in her room. She screamed herself to sleep and then woke up about an hour later.

After she woke up, I let her come out of her room long enough to take a quick shower. Then, thinking I was being a tough mom, I offered her a peanut butter sandwich. I knew she must be starving and she doesn't really like peanut butter (or sandwiches). I asked if she wanted honey or jelly on her sandwich. She said "I'm not really a fan of honey, so I'll choose jelly." She sat at the counter and gobbled down the sandwich and then told me I was the "best peanut butter and jelly sandwich maker in the whole wide world." I guess that plan backfired on me. I should have offered her peas.

I don't know what's going on with her. It's not church, she loves going there. She comes home and tells us all about what she did and how much fun she had. Maybe she's just tired or I suppose she's just getting to the age where she starts to feel nervous about things, I hope we're doing the right things to help her feel secure without coddling her. Maybe she's just trying to figure out who's in charge....I'm guessing after spending the whole evening in her room, she knows, at least for now.  Who knows!!

Today was also the start of potty training boot camp for Grace and I. It didn't go like I planned.  BUT she's a baby (and she did go in the potty twice today), so we'll try again tomorrow.

As for mommy....I'm not really a fan of today....I think I'll try again tomorrow.


Yesterday afternoon we enjoyed the beautiful weather at the park with some friends.

Gracie and Lauren were born 2 days apart and are both equally HUGE little girls.
I love being able to watch them grow together.

I think Gracie might be part gremlin!

I think I can, I think I can....

I CAN!!!

All this fresh air makes for a tired girl.
What are you supposed to do when you find the baby on the other side of the baby gate???

Splish Slash....2 girls in the bath....


No comments:

Post a Comment