Friday, March 30, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!


Dear Gracie Tater,
I can’t believe you turn one today! Sometimes it seems like the doctor just handed you to me but it also feels like I’ve known you my whole life.  You amaze Daddy and I every day and Maggie is totally smitten with you. You have SO much personality! If I had to guess right now, I would say that you are going to be easy going, really funny and a little mischievous.

You’re not an affectionate little girl, but you can warm any heart with your smile and infectious laugh and occasionally you surprise us with a big slobbery kiss. When you’re ready to go to bed, you’re ready, you don’t want to be snuggled or rocked or really even touched. You still take 2 great naps every day and you sleep for about 12 hours at night. You want to be moving ALL the time. You love toys, the noisier the better. You love to clap and dance along. You’re so close to walking, you’ve taken a few steps between daddy and I, but nothing we’re ready to call official.
You LOVE macaroni and cheese, bananas, peas, squash and cheerios. You’ll eat pretty much anything we give you, but you prefer to feed it to yourself. You’re reluctant to give up your bottle, occasionally I push the issue but usually end up giving in to your giant tears. You use the potty more times a day then you use your diaper, and the minute you go you start motioning for the M&M you know you’re going to get as a reward. You’re such a smart little girl.

You say lots of words that we recognize, other people might not understand yet, but they will soon. Your favorite thing to say is “geee, geee, geee”….it’s what you call Maggie. She loves to hear you calling her. You watch everything your big sister does; I can already tell you’re going to be great friends. You truly adore each other. Maggie wants to wear matching clothes (and pajamas) most days, you’re usually willing. Sometimes Maggie plays a little rough with you, but it’s hard to correct her because your usually laughing hysterically.
In your first year you’ve done more traveling in then most people do in a decade. You’ve been a willing participant in all of our adventures. You’re a great little traveler and you love to be on the go. When you were 16 days old you took your first flight to Arizona, I got a little nervous when our plane was delayed, but we did just fine. You also went to Annapolis, made 2 trips to Mexico, visited San Diego, and Atlanta. Along with thousands of miles in the car to and from Omaha, several camping trips and lots of other little adventures.

You’ve changed so much in the last year. I can only imagine what’s to come. I can’t wait to see, but I do wish time would slow down a little. I try hard to cherish every day with you, but I wish each of those days had a few more hours.
I’m honored to be your mommy, your teacher, your biggest fan and your tour guide through this part of life. I thank God for you and your sister and our wonderful little family, every day. I can’t imagine how we didn’t feel incomplete before we knew you, you’ve carved out your own corner of this crazy family and I can’t wait to watch you stand your ground and grow into all that personality.

Happy Birthday baby girl! I love you more then I could ever tell you.
Love, Mommy.

2 comments:

  1. Awe, this brings tears to my eyes. How sweet! Happy birthday, Gracie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. annddddd I'm crying like a baby! love you ALL! sweet gracie tate- we love you so much and uncle evan and I are so lucky to see you as often as we do an watch you and maggie grow, just wish it was even more often! how lucky we are that coming to visit in atlanta was one of your many adventures in your first year, and we look forward to many more!! it seems like just yesterday you were still just "tater" to us and we were waiting for crack out day! we love you so so much and hope this is the first of many special birthdays!! see you soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete