Maggie spent Friday night hanging out with Aunt Laura and then stayed in Omaha at Grandma and Grandpas on Saturday night, so Gracie enjoyed a little 'only child' time. I think she mostly missed her big sister. Friday night we went out for supper and it was like the old days again, only one kid to juggle. I had to work Saturday morning and we went to the Panther game on Saturday night, but otherwise Arnie and Gracie played and I sewed. I'm tyring to get a Christmas project done for Maggie...and since she was gone it was a perfect time to make a big dent in it.
This morning Arnie headed for Colorado, to do a little skiing with some guys and Grace and I went to Omaha to join Maggie and get a little Christmas shopping done. We made our annual trip to talk to Santa, it went MUCH better this year then last....no screaming or running. Maggie did great. She told Santa Gracie wanted a baby toy and she wanted a John Deere Gator and a duck(??).
When we got home from seeing Santa, Grandpa had out the old video projector and the reels from when I was little. It was fun to watch. It was like seeing my girls on the screen. I was bouncing across the beach at about 3, looking alot like another bouncy little girl I know and when I was little, like Grace, my face was every bit as round.
A couple of quick Maggieisms....
Friday on our way to meet Laura, she saw some deer decoys in someones lawn, she said, "Mom, those deer are really REAL. Their mom told them to relax and take a rest, that's why they are holding SO still."
This morning she and my parents went out for breakfast, she usually orders Sprite with cranberry juice in it to drink. This morning was no exception, she ordered it and the waitress told her they didn't have any cranberry juice, Maggie's response was "well, then I guess I'll just have something pink to drink." :) the waitress had some strawberry milk, so that apparently fit the bill!
 |
| We LOVE Santa!! |
 |
| Grandpa, WHAT is that old machine? |
 |
Maggie didn't understand why there wasn't any sound, or why we had to watch it on a sheet (not the tv)
....or why I was so young :) |
 |
This is a picture (from one of the reels) of my dad and I skiing down the mountain in Colorado when
I was just a little younger then Maggie. Maybe after Arnie's "guy" ski trip, he'll
be ready to teach Maggie. |
 |
Maggie and I made some felt snowmen the other day. She's been having fun
dressing them and making new "stuff" to stick on them. |
 |
| Happy girl taking a helmet break. |
 |
| Gracie was tired of sitting with Santa.... |
 |
| Mmmmmmm......a tootsie pop!! |
 |
| Maggie wanted a picture of daddy skiing....he'll be thrilled that I posted it here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment