Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dr jekyll.....

Wow, how fast things can change. Maggie was so sweet all afternoon...we did our shopping, she let me take some pictures of she and Grace in the snow, we played....and then all of the sudden, my sweet little girl turned into a total BRAT!  For the last 3 hours she's been snotty, whinny, rude and just plain rotten! She's had time-outs, she's been sent to her room and for the first time ever we had to stay home from dinner because we knew she couldn't be out in public. We were supposed to meet Dick, Betti and Jeff for supper and it broke my heart when we had to take that away from her, but she was swinging at Arnie and yelling NO!, so we knew we had no choice.  Where did my sweet little girl go??  I have a real fear that she will grow up to be a brat and that somehow I won't notice or be able to fix it. I know, I know, all 3 year olds have "brat moments" but what if mine never turns back into her good little self?  what if I created the monster? You can send your dogs to obedience school, why can't you send your kids??  AHHHHHHHHHH, these things should come with owners manuals. 

It seems that tonight everyone in our house needs a little extra patience.

Update, I wrote the paragraph above, then went to tuck maggie in to bed and she was back to her sweet self. Lots of hugs and I love yous. I don't know if that makes me feel better or if I'm more disturbed that she can turn it on and off so quickly. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings...

No comments:

Post a Comment