Thursday, December 8, 2011

The first of the turkey loot....

Maggie has been obsessed with the pajama drive at school. She can't fathom that there are kids who don't have warm pajamas to wear to bed. I'm sorry we live in a world where that's a reality but I'm glad she has compassion and cares so deeply for others.  The other day I took her shopping and we picked out several pairs of jammies. She's asked several times since if she could use her gift card to buy more. So today we had our first shopping trip with the Turkey winnings. She HAD to have her own basket (because, as she told me, she was too short to push a cart) and she HAD to carry it, drag it, push it, whatever it took to get through the store. She made it very clear she didn't need my help. We talked about what she wanted to buy before we went, she wanted 2 more pairs of pajamas for school (actually she wanted like 10 more, but I talked her into 2 for now, I'm thinking there will be more in our future), she also asked if she could buy a Christmas present for Grace with her money and a pack of strawberry flavored gum for her.  Off we went to target....




I wish I had taken a picture at the register, she scanned her card then had to sign for it. She was too short so I had to hold her and couldn't get a picture. She was so happy.  She picked out 2 pj's, a turtle toy for grace, a puppy for Baby Chocolate Milk to "walk" and of course some gum. She just learned to chew gum last week, so it's a BIG deal at our house!  She still has lots of $ left on her "credit card" so she's making a list of what else she might buy....

No comments:

Post a Comment