Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brown Christmas?

It's been raining here for 2 days, so most of the snow is gone. The forecast seems to be hovering in the mid 30's for the next several days, it looks like we may have a muddy brown Christmas instead of a pretty white one! I don't like the cold, but I do hope for a white Christmas.

Arnie is safely home from skiing and it sounds like he had a great time. He even walked without limping or groaning this morning. I presume he'll ski again, but I don't think he'll take a 20 year break between the next 2 trips, like he did the last two.

The girls and I got some shopping done in Omaha and now it's time to start wrapping and wrapping and wrapping...I really like how the tree looks with all the pretty paper and bows under it, if I'm going to have time to enjoy it, I better get started.

Gracie has been "crawling" (more like army crawl/scooting) for awhile, but now she is REALLY efficient at it. Last night she was laying by the tree while I worked on some wrapping and before I knew it she was across the family room and I could hear her pounding on the wood floor behind the couch....it's time to be sure we keep the basement door closed.

Maggie begged Grandpa to put up the Santa in the yard....

I think Maggie was telling Grandpa just how to make it look right.

Grace and Santa having a chat....

Gracie and Santa having a fight...

I think she won! (We added her name to her helmet last week, she seems
to like that people talk to her. It freaks Arnie out a little.)

After Santa was blown-up, Maggie and Grandpa built a great snowman.

Grandma came to the rescue with some arms.


I'm surprised Maggie didn't eat the red pepper mouth before they were done...
Maggie thought it was pretty funny to use Uncle Deems hat :)
 
Uncle Evan and Aunt Amy picked out a hat for Gracie and Uncle Evan even used his
big noggin to stretch it out for her, fits perfect!!

Thanks Uncle Evan (and Aunt Amy too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment