Miss Lauren is a CNA at the Veterans home here in Norfolk (or she was before she went to college and she works there on break). Earlier this week Maggie and I made a few Christmas care packages for the residents. This morning Maggie and Lauren went and delivered them. I assumed she'd be really shy and maybe even a little scared, but Lauren said she did great. Maggie told me that she had a great time and she told everyone Merry Christmas and smiled.
THEN Lauren asked if she could take both girls to Colin's (her booooyyyyfriend, as Maggie likes to say) parents house for lunch. Colin's mom loves the girls and Maggie adores Colin....she loaded both into the car and off they went...I can't remember the last time I was in my house without at least one kid. It was so quiet. When I left for the grocery store I felt like I was forgetting something. I'm not sure when the last time I went to the grocery store alone was either?? What a treat :)....it's the little things right?
When they got home, both girls were ready for naps and I think Lauren probably was too. We're so lucky to have her around, she's alot more then a babysitter to my girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment