Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wasps are ruining my life, daddy and the 5 diapers and by the way, can I have a pink frog???

....whew! It was quite the Monday at our house :)

All of the sudden last weekend, wasps started to show up, all over!  Arnie sprayed several nests this weekend and there seem to be less, but we are still seeing one or two every now and then.  They haven't bothered us at all, but apparently Maggie thinks it's not safe to be with in a quarter acre of them.  We were out in her playhouse yesterday and we saw one, I quickly smacked it with a coloring book, hoping she wouldn't notice.  She seemed to go on about her business....I came in the house with Grace and a few minutes later there Maggie was coming in the back door....she said "Mom, I saw another wasp."  I told her it wouldn't bother her, and just to go back to playing and not worry about it... she proceeded to slump down on the rug, stick out her bottom lip and proclaim that "these wasps are ruining my life!"  Seriously, maybe a little dramatic....we're in real trouble during her teenage years!

Not long after the wasp incident, I was cleaning up dinner and Arnie went to change Grace.  He got to the changing table, took of her pants and said something about how she faked him out and her diaper was clean....he spoke to soon.  Before long I heard something to the effect of ohhhhhh sh***t, after a few minutes I went to check on him and there was a wad of diapers on the side of the changing table, Arnie look a little grossed out and I'm pretty sure Grace was laughing.  I left him to finish the job, he finally announced that she seemed to have finished her business and I assume he grabbed one last diaper....as soon as he got it under her, she peed all over!... So he started with a clean baby and 5, yes 5, diapers later he had her redressed :)  Grace and I both got a good laugh out of it....

Last night at bedtime when Maggie was saying her prayers she asked God if she could have a pink frog.... they seem to have a pretty tight relationship, but I really hope he doesn't honor her request on this one...it would freak me out a little. 

A few pictures....
The perfect shirt for our little Tater, and a big smile to go with it.


Gracie is SO BIG!  She even graduated to bigger bottles,
we got tired of refilling the little ones.


Maggie let Gracie play with Baby Chocolate Milk,
it looks like she liked it.  I wonder what her babies will
be called???


Maggie wanted to put her headband on BY HERSELF!
So we went with the Rambo look :)


1 comment:

  1. Grace is getting so big...and she is so cute:) hope all is going well with you...need to come visit soon!

    ReplyDelete