Yesterday Maggie made her first real (non-emergency) trip to the dentist. She's a little younger then he usually likes to see them, but because her front teeth had the bed-jumping trauma, he thought it would be a good idea to check on her. The hygienist took Maggie back and counted her teeth, she had no intention of cleaning and polishing them, because she didn't expect that Maggie would let her....well she was wrong. Maggie was doing great, so she decided to give it a shot. Maggie sat patiently while she cleaned, polished, flossed and put a fluoride treatment on. The hygienist couldn't believe how well she cooperated. I was very proud of her. Maggie loved the water squirter and the sucker thing, unfortunately for us the hygienist let her play with both....she thought the never ending supply of water made the squirter a perfect "shoot gun"....Neither of us left the dentist as dry as we arrived.
Unfortunately the Dentist said unless we wanted to pull her front teeth, there is nothing that we can do to turn them back into the bright white teeth that they used to be. We just have to be thankful it's not the permanent teeth that she hit...I think once her big teeth come in, I might require her to wear a mouth guard at all times :)
Yesterday I took the time to focus 100% of my day on being a mom, that sounds a little crazy coming from a (partly) stay-at-home mom, who's (mostly) on maternity leave. But I haven't done a very good job of putting everything else aside, I've been busy working on taking and editing pictures, trying to keep up with my different committee and board commitments, running here and there, etc... and yesterday I didn't do any of those things. I walked around the lake with Gracie, I rocked her in the rocking chair, I snuggled Maggie at nap time, I played outside with both girls, all little things...but things that occasionally I have to remind myself I love to do. All that other stuff and all those other people can wait, I feel like my girls are growing so fast, I need to remember to put my energy into what's most important. I'm not very good at saying no, but for the sake of my sanity and for the well-being of my kids, I may need to practice.
Grace is doing such a good job holding up her head and she's starting to really make eye contact and smile. Of course she won't smile when I pick up the camera...stinker! When I was pregnant I really hoped that this baby would have big brown eyes like mine....what in the world was I thinking...it doesn't get any better then this....


No comments:
Post a Comment