Since we're going to be gone for Maggie's birthday, last night we had a birthday dinner with her grandparents, Miss Lauren and Mr Collin and the Ries'. It's not the extravaganza that her last 2 birthday parties have been, but she didn't seem to notice and loved every minute of it. At the end of the party we had a 'proud parent' moment when she gave the Minnie Mouse balloon bouquet we'd brought to Carly and JJ to take home. She told me that since we were going to be gone for the wedding she wouldn't get to "enjoy" them, so they should have them. She is wise beyond her years, maybe a bit of an old soul.
She was sad to have to leave her new presents at home this morning but we promised that there would be lots of time to play when we got home. It was hard for me to leave Gracie home, but I'm not sure Maggie's noticed yet :). Gracie is in great hands and it will be good for Maggie to have a little mom and dad time. Hopefully the Nebraska weather cooperates and my dad can get the slide and deck finished on Maggie's playhouse while we're away, then she'll have a real surprise when we get home!
I forgot to mention yesterday that another pink frog appeared in the mail this week...it was a stuffed pink frog with blue legs, Maggie opened the envelope and said something to the effect of, look mom, god sent me Cupcake's (that's what she named the first pink frog) mom, that was nice of him. Then a little later she said that she didn't know God used the mail....it's going to be hard to keep this kid convinced about Santa for long.
Because Maggie was born a little premature, every 6 months we have to fill out a questionnaire about her development. It's the states way of ensuring we are getting any additional support we need for her. She's very advanced for her age and we've always flown through the questions. Yesterday, we got her three year forms...I went through and quickly answered the questions and ran Maggie through a few of the exercises it asked for, then I got to a question that asked if Maggie could put her own coat on....well, I'm not sure. I'm usually in such a hurry to get out the door that I don't give her a chance (by the time I've waited for her to do her socks and shoes by herself, I don't have the patience for the coat too.) Anyway, I answered "no" to the question...well I'm pretty sure that answer is driving her dad nuts. I expect there to be "put your coat on" boot camp at our house soon :)
Here are a few pictures of the birthday dinner....
| Gracie's ready to celebrate!! |
| Gracie, what do you think about spending the weekend with Grandma & Grandpa?? |
Hopefully I'll have a chance to post some pictures from the next few days...doesn't look like it'll be happening during naptime :)
(I'm working on Arnie's computer again, so for some reason I can't get the pictures turned the right way, sorry!)
No comments:
Post a Comment