Dear little Miss Maggie,
Today you turn 3! I can’t believe it, where has the time gone? I remember lying in the hospital the day before you were born, I was so worried about how I would “learn” to be a mommy to you. If only I had known then that you would teach me everything I needed to know, I’d have been able to relax a little. In the last year you have turned from a curious toddler into a bubble little girl. You never cease to amaze your daddy and I. You are incredibly kind and caring. You’re fiercely independent, amazingly smart and extremely polite. You can keep up with the boys, though you prefer to be “all pinked up”. You like playing in the dirt but you love to wear my lip gloss. You know the importance of loving God and loving other people, and that’s an amazing feat for someone so small.
This year you started preschool. You’ve learned so much and made lots of new friends. I was very nervous to send you, because you’re the youngest student, but like you do with every new challenge, you mastered it quickly. You love gymnastics, playing in your playhouse, books and games. You have a new dance for every occasion and you’re great at making up new songs.
You know the importance of family and good friends. You love spending time with family that’s close by and you adore going through pictures of family farther away. Now that you can talk on the phone, you love to call your grandparents and I’m so glad that you have all 4 of them wrapped around your little fingers.
This year you became a big sister, and if I could create the perfect big sister for Gracie, it would be you. Your strong personality and infectious laugh, already make her smile. I love that you call her “Tater” and “Bright Eyes” and I adore that when you enter the room she immediately tries to find you. I would place a large wager on her first word being “Maggie” or “Sis”. I hope you keep loving her the way you do now, having a sister is a special thing and I’m so glad you have each other.
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY MAGGIE! Thanks for loving me. I can't wait to see how you continue to grow in the next 5, 10, 25, 50 years. There's no doubt in my mind you can do anything you set your mind to. I love you more then you will ever know.
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment