Wednesday, May 18, 2011

11 lbs and 40,000 miles

Last night we weighed Little Miss Gracie...maybe I should quit calling her "little"...she is officially in the 11 pound club.  11 lbs 4 oz according to our scale.  She's been eating like a champ and she slept until 5am this morning....maybe by the time we come home from Alabama my mom will have her sleeping through the night??  Unfortunitly she seems to have caught a bit of the cold her big sister has, lots of coughing and a very stuffy nose, poor thing.  I hate to leave her when she's sick, but I'm thankful she'll have my parents to take good care of her, and taking her sick would be harder on her.

Yesterday was a day of numbers around here, besides Gracie's steller weight gain, my car hit 40k miles.  This is significant because last April when I inheriteted it from Arnie it had 12k miles....so in the last 14 months I've driven more then 28,000 miles....if I averaged 60 mph, thats 466 hours of driving, or 19 and a half days....whoa! that's alot.  If I could teach Maggie to drive while I worked, I would be much more efficient.  Maybe next time we should consider a car that gets a little better gas milage....probably not  (where would I put the kids, the dog, the stroller and all the other junk we always seem to have in there???)

The other number that came up yesterday was 60....as in 60 mph in a 50 mph zone.  I know, I know, you all assume it was me and my lead foot....WRONG! yesterday when I picked Maggie up at school, she said, "Mommy did you have to talk to a policeman on your way to pick me up?" I said, no, why? and Maggie said, "daddy and I had to talk to a policeman on our way to school this morning.  He wasn't nice, he gave daddy a ticket."

Oh ya, last night Maggie's prayer when like this....
"God is great, thank you for a nice day, watch over my trike, and help mommy's tummy to not be so lumpy anymore. Amen."  Sometimes kids can be a bit too honest, I guess I won't be wearing a swimsuit anytime soon :)

Seriously, how is it that I'm supposed to keep the house clean?
(not to mention the tupperware)

No comments:

Post a Comment