Sunday, February 19, 2012

I wish I was kidding...

We made it safely to Cabo yesterday. Hillary Clinton was in town for some meeting, so the airport was a cluster and there are guys with machine guns all over on the highway....BUT the crazy part of our day was in San Diego...

When we went through security at the San Diego airport, I was carrying grace in the baby backpack. I travel with canned liquid formula and always have. The people at security saw the cans and told me I could choose to open ALL the cans of formula for testing or have a full pat down. That didn't leave me much choice, so I agreed to the pat down. Once they were done with me, another officer came over and told them that they were going to have to pat down the baby too, because she was attached to me at the "time of interception"....seriously! My sweet little smiley girl, (with her helmet on), was subject to a full pat down. They even rubbed her hands for explosives.....they only thing they didn't touch or check was her helmet. I was really hoping Arnie would come up with a way to take a picture of Grace's pat down, in hindsight it's probably best that he didn't, I didn't have time to bail him out of jail.

That's our tax dollars at work....20 min of time to search a baby girl and her mother over sealed, labeled cans of soy formula!!!


She looks like a threat to national security doesn't she......

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment