Maggie and I were both excited to see the Pandas....it was a little bit of a let down. There were 2 on display and according to the zoo keeper, they sleep all the time. She was right, they were both sleeping. In the picture below you can see one Panda's rear hanging out of the tree. That's pretty much all the Panda we saw. We went back a couple of times, and they never really moved. Good thing the rest of the zoo was cool.
Like I said, it's really hilly...they had a couple of moving sidewalks to help with a couple of hills. We only rode once, but Maggie thought it was so cool...."Mom, it's an airport sidewalk and it's OUTSIDE!"
Maggie says the Zebras were her favorite. She also really liked the Polar Bears.
Maggie said she was pretending to fly the helicopter in Alaska, she was picking up patients to take them to the hospital and talking to Aunt Laura on the radio. I didn't even know she knew what Laura did at work, but she seems to have a pretty good handle on it. :)
Grace slept for about 15 min all day. I assumed she would take a nice long nap while we walked around. I guess she didn't want to miss anything.
Maggie talked me into the skyfari ride....I really don't like those things...
....Grace appears to share my feelings on the ride.
Maggie saw her first 3D movie, it was a 10 min. version of Happy Feet, she got a little scared but after it was over she wanted to be sure I knew she didn't cover her eyes.
Bye Bye Zoo....thanks for a great time!!
Just in case we weren't worn out enough we made a quick stop at Ikea on our way back from the Zoo. I should have taken a picture, I think it was Grace's first trip :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment