The other day a box arrived in the mail while Maggie was at school, I opened it and inside were a pair of shinny new pink cowgirl boots. Mr Jeff, Aunt Amy's dad, had sent them for Maggie. I knew she would be so excited so I left one boot out on top of the box so she'd see it when she came in. Well she did see it and she giggled and was so bouncing off the walls. Then I opened the box and handed her the 2nd boot and she said "OH MY GOSH, Mr Jeff sent me TWO boots!!!" I have no idea what she thought she was going to do with just one boot, but boy was she excited when she found out there were 2!!
Yesterday we had to say Good-Bye to Miss Lauren, she's headed for college. Thankfully she's just going to be in Yankton so we'll still see her a lot, but Maggie has gotten so used to her being here a couple times a week, she's really going to miss her (and so am I). I think Lauren is going to miss the girls almost as much as they miss her. She's promised to come back and watch them on breaks and next summer. She's like a big sister to Maggie, she's WAY more fun then mom and she has been a great role model and teacher for her. We're all so excited for what this next chapter of life will bring for Lauren but she will certainly be missed around here. Maggie colored her a beautiful picture for her dorm fridge :)
 |
| This looks a little Tarzan to me. You wouldn't want to waste any steak! |
 |
| Nice boots... |
 |
| She might be a crazy cat lady when she's older. |
 |
| ...and then she rolled over. |
 |
| Good-Bye Miss Lauren, we love you!! |
 |
Tuesday afternoon I was out setting up the studio for a shoot and Grace was SO happy.
She wasn't wearing an outfit I necessarily loved for a picture, so her birthday suit was our only
other option :) My kids are really going to dislike me someday! |
and a little video of Maggie singing to finish up for today....
No comments:
Post a Comment