After a couple of days of camping, fishing, playing outside and eating s'mores Maggie looked like a little homeless child, and she was so happy about all the dirt. (In my mom's defense, she did give her a shower but there was just no keeping her clean...kids need a little dirt every now and then).
Grace liked her day at the campground too. She loved watching (and listening to) the leaves on the cottonwood trees, I've never seen her notice anything quite like that.
Maggie was SO excited about this HUGE fish. She told me all about it. Grandpa said she had no interest in touching it. When I was a kid, my dad took me fishing once and we used a ham sandwich as bait...based on the outcome, I think Maggie must have used worms.
"Get out of my way UNCLE DEEM!!!"
I took a long time to get Maggie to try the tire swing, as soon as she did she was laughing hysterically.
Gracie enjoying the great outdoors.
Maggie loves riding in the "camping truck", she gets to sit in the passengers seat and she's up SO high.
Today we all went to the zoo. Maggie loved it and Grace went along for the ride. We were walking up the hill and Maggie asked about an animal, I said, "I think it's an Antelope." Maggie thought about it for a minute and then she said "Oh an Antelope, like the ones we eat." Mom, dad and I kind of looked at each other confessed, then I realized she was talking about cantaloupe :) we explained the difference and she was happy to accept our answer, but also quick to point out that the 2 words rhymed.
Wonder what could be so confusing for the gorilla??
Watching the Sea Lions.
Grace "enjoying" the zoo.
See ya later animals...we'll be back soon.
Before we left Omaha we went out for dinner and Grace got to sit in a highchair and eat her sweet potatoes like a BIG girl. She thinks she's pretty big stuff!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment