Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Such a beautiful day!

What a perfect day. The windows are open, the temperature is just right and we're playing in the backyard! I don't want to hurry winter, but I'm definitely looking forward to fall.

Yesterday, Grace had her 4 month check-up and shots. I went in knowing that I would be told I had a happy, healthy and huge baby girl on my hands. Thankfully, I was told that, she weighed in at 18lbs 5oz. (99+%) and she is 26" long (92%), they checked her height twice because they didn't think it was possible that she'd grown that much since her visit in June...but indeed, she had! She's meeting or exceeding all of her milestones and doing great. The doctor did expressed some concern about one of Grace's eyes, she doesn't open it quite as far as the other and though we'd never really noticed, she doesn't seem to look at things on her left side as frequently as things on her right. The doctor suggested we see a pediatric opthomologist in the near future, and refereed us to a great one in Omaha. My mommy intuition tells me it's nothing, maybe her neck just doesn't turn as well to the left (look at her dad!) but I'm glad the eye doctor could see her on Friday and I will be happy to have my theory confirmed or to have an idea of what we can be doing to help her. She seems to be having a harder time getting over her shots this go-round and she and Maggie both have coughs and runny noses, so my prayer is that not only are Grace's eyes just fine, but that by the time she has to sit through the different tests on Friday she's feeling better and has a happier disposition.

Arnie left this morning on a golf trip, so the girls and I are on our own until tomorrow night. I have a shoot tomorrow morning, so I'll have a little dose of the real world when I have to get myself, Maggie and Grace ready for the day, drop maggie at preschool, get Grace settled with the sitter and get out to the studio. I know, I know, most people pull that off every day...kudos to them! We'll see how I do.







I can't believe I didn't give this picture it's own post the other night...Maggie got her finger STUCK in a wiffle ball. Really stuck. She wasn't nearly as freaked out as I'd have expected. She and Grandma got a little soap and she was quickly freed. I'm glad she wasn't too upset about it, because I was laughing really hard and I'd have felt bad if she was crying.






Last night Gracie was coughing so I got out the sleeper she used when she was brand new, to help prop her up a little. She looks like a giant in it now...


Everyday is the 4th of July at our house. We usually have to say the Pledge of Allegiance several times a day and today Maggie reminded me that I needed to keep my hand on my heart and stay quiet until she got the flag put away!



Grace and I hanging out in our outdoor office while Maggie made us some lunch in the playhouse.

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment