After some lunch and a short rest, we decided we'd make good use of our last afternoon with a bike ride. There is a really nice trail that leads all the way through the Black Hills, we did about 11 miles of it.
Gracie was not ammused that we rode 6 miles up hill to see "that guys nose".....if you look really close behind us you can see crazy horse. She's right, it's really not all that great, but it gave us a good spot to turn around on our ride and go back down hill. We saw lots of deer on the trail, Maggie says it's because they are Crepuscular animals (they like to come out at dusk).
After bike riding and rock climbing we were a pretty tired bunch. We made some dinner and enjoyed a campfire.
This morning we packed up and hit the road for home. I told Arnie I wished we could just sell our house and spend a year traveling the country and experiencing all the sites with the girls, while our new house is being built. It doesn't sound like I'm going to get my way on that one, so for now I guess we'll just keep doing it one few day trip at a time. This one was a great one!











No comments:
Post a Comment