Monday, October 5, 2015

Birthday Secret!

When the girls woke up Friday morning there was a big present in the living room....they asked Arnie what it was and he told them it was a Birthday surprise for me and them. They were patient all day and then we opened it......


They didn't get it at first. When they figured out it was a stroller Maggie asked Arnie why he got me a stroller. I hid t-shirts in the bottom of the box wrapped in tissue paper, when Maggie saw them she said, "look it came with pillows." Then when Maggie read Gracie's tshirt, she told Gracie it said "Big Sister" because she was such a big girl now :)

Needless to say, she was surprised....she told Gracie last week,
"mom and dad will not be having any more kids!" hehehe...
They were both so excited, it was hard to get them to calm down and call their Grandparents :) Gracie's face pretty much says it all!
After all that excitement we bundled up and headed to the Panther Football game. Arnie bought me a piece of pizza for my Birthday dinner :) and we all tried to stay warm.....
...it was a little hard because Gracie had all the hats on!
 
It's been a long weekend for Gracie, she asks about 5 times a day how long we have to wait for our baby to be born. Then she asks what I think it's doing in my belly, "sleeping" is too boring of an answer for her. Arnie asked her if she wanted to read to the baby, and she looked at him with that "are you an idiot" look that Gracie has perfected, and said "no, it can't even see the pictures!" Hopefully after a few days she'll get distracted and a little time will pass. I'd have waited 5 more months to tell her if I could have, but it's about time to switch to my fat pants....and I think she'd notice that.
 
Baby Robinson should make his or her (we aren't going to find out which) appearance about Tax Day. I've felt great this time around...just tired. (Maggie was quick to say "that's why your ready for bed so early!") The doctors are keeping a very close eye on me, I am of 'advanced maternal age' (GAG ME!) now, so that gets you some extra stickers on your folder and a little extra attention.
 
On a side note, It took me 33 years and 364 days, but for the first time in my life I gave a horse a bath. Notice Gracie is no where to be found, that's because Breezy was being mean and she thought it was funnier to take a pictures of me fighting with her. Not long after this picture I got bit....she's the sweetest pony, but apparently her fear of water (and the hose....it could be a snake you know), turns her into a demon! Next time I'll drug her!
Here's to 34....new experiences, new travels and tons of memories with all my favorite people (and animals)!

No comments:

Post a Comment