Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Gracie's Lump!

Last Wednesday after school Gracie crawled up in my lap to read a book, as she was climbing I happened to notice her ankle.....it was HUGE!! Like there was a half a baseball on the inside of her heel, huge! I asked her if it hurt, she said "no, why??"...she let me touch it and mess with it without complaint. I decided it was worth a trip to the doctor.....
 They did an x-ray right away and set us up for an ultrasound at the hospital on Thursday....
 
The ultrasound was done by a students and she was struggling a bit....every time the doctor sent her back to try again she brought more stickers for Gracie :) The ultrasound was a little painful, but I think that's because she was pushing so hard on Gracie's ankle.
After the ultrasound the doctor called and said he wasn't sure what was going on but wanted us to see an orthopedic specialist at Children's....
Gracie wasn't amused that we had to drive ALL the way to Omaha Monday, and Grandma and Grandpa weren't even there!
She was really brave at the Doctor. He took a look at everything and assured us that she hadn't torn a tendon, which is what the doctors in Norfolk thought happened. He did a lot of blood work, you can see how Gracie felt about that.....
 ...he told us it would likely be 5 days before the test Rheumatoid results were in (he thought maybe arthritis was a likely the cause)....but he surprised me this morning with a phone call. The lab worked way faster then expected and her results were all GREAT!  Praise God! At this point she's being treated with antibiotics and we are all assuming she has a little infection. That's about the best case scenario, so I'm happy to argue with her about gross antibiotics!
  After the hospital she picked cheese pizza and milk for lunch :)
Gracie and I did a little shopping before we headed home. She's been begging for a backpack for a while....I've successfully been saying no....but yesterday, she won! She was really mad when she couldn't wear it home in her car seat (so she held it).
Today she's been using all the things she snagged at the hospital to fix up her sick babies. notice the tourniquet, mask and "shot". She told her babies to "stop crying, shots don't hurt that bad!" Compassion may not be high on her skill list!

No comments:

Post a Comment