Monday, March 31, 2014
Happy 3rd Birthday Gracie T!
Dear Gracie,
Yesterday you turned 3! You are the funniest little person I know. You are ornery and stubborn but you're almost always happy. You are an interesting mix of wild & crazy and shy. You're favorite person in the whole world is your big sister. You want to do everything she does and you love to irritate her. You know just how to get her in trouble and how to convince her to come back for more.
You're not exceptionally affectionate, but at bedtime you give great big hugs and you always want to rub noses ("nosers"). You still need Bubby, your pink blanket, in your bed at night, we're trying very hard not to let it leave your room these days.
You are still a very picky eater, you eat cheese, bologna, no-no bars (granola bars), oranges and Runzas. You can count to 20 (you occasionally miss 14), say the alphabet and are working hard at spelling your name. You point out G's on everything you see. You are such a smart little girl.
You don't like to be told what to do, we have had many standoffs over things like saying thank you and sorry. You have been known to frequent time-out and you're generally more willing to stay there then admit that you were wrong. You're laugh comes easy and is infectious.
You are a BEAR to wake up, you cover your head and slowly come to life. I usually carry you to the chair in the corner and you try to curl up and go back to sleep while I help you get dressed. Most mornings you tell me you want "one pony, not piggies" but every once in awhile I convince you to put back in the piggies. You need a nap every 2 or 3 days, I'm betting before long it will become a thing of the past. You have a funny habit of putting anything within reach in your bed...you've been known to wake up with piggy banks, picture frames, books, even a lamp in your bed. You like to sneak Peanut the cat into the house so she can sleep with you.
You LOVE shoes. Rainboots, "Super fast tennis shoes", cowgirl boots, sandals....all shoes. It's a real chore in the mornings to get you to pick some for the day. You are always very sad when you out grow a pair. Most days you want to wear a "spinny dress", you're current favorite has Minnie Mouse on it, you also really like wearing "poke-E-ooots" (polka-dots). Maggie still wants to dress like you when it's an option, you don't seem to really care one way or another.
You love to go to preschool. You're favorite things to pack in your lunch box are Uncrustables (you call them "them things"), beef sticks, pudding and peaches. You have lots of friends at school and your teachers tell us you're very well behaved and rarely cause trouble (sometimes we have a hard time believing that). You love your teachers and the independence you get there.
You would live outside if we let you. Rain, snow, cold, wind....you don't care, you want to be out. You love the playground, the playhouse, playing chalk on the driveway and roaming the yard in the Gator. You really like playing dolls and "pweetending" anything with your sister. Frequently I will hear you yell, "Mom" and when I respond, you say "not you, my pwetend mom." You're just starting soccer, I think you'll be good at it. You're pretty coordinated and you love to run. You love stickers and markers, you would trace your hand (or anyone else's) on any surface that you can.
My heart bursts with love for you, even on the most trying days your giggles melt everyone around you. You are a special little girl. Your determination and ability to laugh will serve you well (I just hope they don't make you the class clown). I can't wait to see what this year brings. Being a mommy to you and Maggie is still my favorite job and while sometimes I wish I could slow things down, I'm also so grateful for all of the experiences and growing we get to do together.
Happy 3rd Birthday Gracie Tato (by the way, when people ask your middle name, if you're willing to answer, you say Tato :))!! I love you like crazy!
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment