Monday, March 10, 2014

Birthday party....

On Saturday Gracie went to her first Birthday party without Maggie. Shelby was Gracie's friend from Northern Hills. Shelby's mom was the teacher in Gracie's room and the girls were great friends the year they were there.

I was kind of dreading taking her. Gracie is so funny and happy but she is also painfully shy. She rarely talks to adults* and won't usually interact with kids she doesn't know. She hasn't seen Shelby and Laura since June, I was sure it was going to be a disaster. BUT it wasn't. She was awesome. She and Shelby were like long lost pals, she hugged Laura and talked to both her and Shelby's dad. I was stunned. It was fun to see and a nice relief from the usual. She seemed so grown up.

After the birthday party the girls and I made a last minute trip to Omaha.....and no trip to Omaha would be complete without some hammering :)

*I say rarely because on Sunday Gracie decided to randomly tell the cashier at Costco that we were buying "toilet paper for our bootys"....but otherwise she doesn't speak :)

No comments:

Post a Comment