Monday, March 3, 2014

Aunt Bobbie's sugar cookies....

There are 2 reasons Aunt Bobbie's sugar cookies are the best.....1#- the recipe, it's Aunt Barbara's, it's old and well tested. #2- most importantly Aunt Bobbie makes them, which means I don't have too!

For whatever reason, yesterday I decided that we should try to make them.  I blame Aunt Bobbie, when she gave us a box of Valentine cookies, she included a copy of the recipe. We were going to make St. Patty's day cookies.....Problem #1, I didn't have a shamrock cookie cutter and there is no where in Norfolk to buy one on a Sunday (apparently I have to learn to plan ahead)....I should have quit then. Maggie picked a cookie cutter out of our box that looked like sunglasses....great idea, think spring.....WAIT, sunglasses cookies end up looking a lot like bra cookies.....
....Maggie wanted to take some to the neighbors to barter for Deer Sticks, she didn't understand why I didn't think these were appropriate.  I guess we'll have to make something else to feed her deer stick habit!

Anyway, we made a huge mess, which always makes my OCD kick into overdrive. But the girls had fun and we successfully stayed inside all day!


Everyone stayed inside, except Arnie, he had to go out and deal with the snow....It's so cold, he came in to add to his warm clothes.....
...notice the pink Hello Kitty scarf. He was so cold he'd resort to whatever worked. (Maggie quickly made him a more appropriate looking "boy" scarf, so he wouldn't have to use hers again.)

Saturday we went to Lincoln to watch the Panther Basketball team play. We had a great day playing with friends. Maggie was so excited when we got the basketball game and Brandon was there to sit with her.




A few other pictures from last week.....
Gracie spent a lot of time in time out on Thursday....maybe too much?

On that note, we are officially counting down to the end of the "Terrible Twos"!

"Would you wike some books from me wibwawee?"

Nothing like getting fancy to go to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment