Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Split decisions....

The best news from yesterday is that ARNIE WON!!!! Yah!!! The girls and I are really proud of him. Not only did Arnie win, but all 3 challenging school board candidates won. The learning curve might be steep, but our schools, students and teachers are in good hands. I hope Arnie knows what he's in for.


I also take comfort in knowing that our community leaders, state leaders and congressional delegation are all people I trust to make the right decisions.

However, I'm heart broken to see the direction of the leadership of our country. I'm nervous for our security, our religious freedom, our health care, our finances, our moral compass and our patriotism. BUT in order to save my own sanity and to raise my children with the kind of security and confidence I want them to have, I have to believe the God will protect us and see us through these challenges.  I have to continue to have faith in our country and the teach my girls the same thing.

This morning Maggie was elated to learn that daddy won, but she was also very sad to know that Romney lost. As we talked about the resilience of America and tried to comfort her and convince her that it would be okay, I was struck by the thought that my girls will be 8 and 5 when we choose our next leader. What will our world look like then? What kind of hole will our next leaders and the girls generation be left to dig out of.

God has blessed America and while I have a giant belly ache today, I believe that he will continue to bless America and I think the most important thing I can keep telling myself (and my kids) is the God is in control, he's bigger then these decisions, he's bigger then these people and he's always going to love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment